Wellness Market FAQ
Where is the Wellness Market located?
The Victoria Yoga Conference takes place at the University of Victoria. The Wellness Market is in the Student Union Building for 2019. Please click here to view parking prices and parking lot maps. There will be lots of parking as it is reading break for the students over this weekend. Detailed information on move in and move out will be sent to you on February 13, 2019.
Is the Wellness Market Open to the Public?
YES! Please invite your customers and friends to join us. There is no charge to visit the Wellness Market during the market hours of 9:30 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. There will be a ticketed event on Saturday night from 7 pm to 8:30 pm.
How much does it cost to exhibit?
We have different prices for 2019:
- Treatment Space – six available – $450
- 6 x 9 – $350
- 7 x 10 – $450
- 9 x 10 – $575
- 10 x 10 – $650
What is included in my booth?
We have different space options available for 2019.
- Vending Spaces – you have a retail product or information that you will be sharing with the visitors to the Wellness Market. The potential booth sizes are 6 x 9, 7 x 10, 9 x 10 and 10 x 10 (these are the only booths where you may bring a tent). We have tables and chairs available for your use and you will be able to specify your needs when you sign up. You may use the space however you choose, however you may not expand outside assigned floor space as this can interfere with other people’s space, fire exits, door ways etc.
- Treatment Room Spaces – We have a dedicated room for you to offer your bodywork and will have a promotion and sign up in place, along with a volunteer who will schedule your sessions (you will still take your own payments), allowing for you to give maximum attention to your clients.
We aim to create an open feeling to the market so, unlike other trade shows that have pipe and drape our space is very open – when you arrive you will find your space marked out on the floor and if you have requested table or chairs they will be in your space for you to arrange.
Table top signs and front of table signs are welcome. You may have space to have a stand-up sign but only if it does not interfere with the visibility of your neighbour. Our Wellness Market Manager will be able to answer any questions about this on-site.
What are the hours of the Wellness Market?
Friday, February 15, 2019 – 4 pm to 8:30 pm
Saturday, February 16, 2018 – 8 am to 9 am
Note: All booths must be set-up by 9:15 am on Saturday and must not be taken down before 5:30 pm on Sunday.
Conference attendees and the General Public
Will have access to the market from 9:30 am to 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday – there is no charge for the general public to come into the market.
Social Night in the Market
On Saturday night we will have a reception with entertainment in the Wellness Market – this will be a ticketed event from 7:00 to 8:30 pm and will be a wonderful opportunity for you to connect with attendees.
Suggestions for Success
- Create an inviting display – look for ideas on Pinterest if you’re stuck
- Host a game with prizes – example is to have multiple keys in a basket but only one will unlock the treasure chest which you have a prize inside
- Demo your products – change up what you are demonstrating each day
- Create something interactive or offer something like henna tattoos, caricatures (contact us if you need resources)
- Use this opportunity to get people to sign up for your newsletter (ensure you are following CASL)
- Create a unique space
- Make it easy for people to make a decision – if you have clothing or jewelry, provide a mirror, if your product is soaps or lotions have samplers/testers available
- Change up your display each day, moving products to highlight different items
- If your product is clothing or jewelry, wear your items – change throughout the day. Ask people you know to wear items as well, and direct others to your booth. People want to buy what they see others wearing – same goes for water bottles etc.
- Be engaging – you are building lasting relationships with people that extend beyond this weekend. Many of our exhibitors have made connections that have led to thousands of dollars of future business.
- If your product is not clothing, give you team ‘uniforms’ to wear – maybe that is a t-shirt with your logo or something catchy on it, or a certain ball cap. Give away a few and ask people to wear them and direct people to your booth.
- Incentivize people to tweet about you – using the conference hashtag and your own (to win a prize)
- Have a fun game at your booth – build something with lego or play Twister
Marketing and Promoting
You may find this article helpful too!
Can I bring in my team to help in the booth?
Of course! The Wellness Market is open to everyone so they can come in anytime.
Keep in mind that sometimes when staff are in a booth talking to each other, that sometimes people don’t feel comfortable to interrupt conversations.
I am registered to exhibit, can I attend classes?
All exhibitors will be provided with five drop-in passes that can be used by yourself or your staff/volunteers to access classes in which there is space available. Each exhibitor will also receive two tickets to the community meal “Soul in a Bowl” on Friday night to nourish you and your team.
Is there security at the Wellness Market?
During the hours that the Wellness Market is closed the doors to the building will be locked and access will not be available. Ensure you take everything you need when you are leaving at the end of the day. It is a good idea to cover your booth while you are not there to prevent people from ‘shopping’ – a simple tablecloth or sheet works for this. Keep your cash-box, iPads, phones etc. with you overnight maximum security. Get to know the people in neighbouring booths and ask them to keep an eye on things if you have to step away.
Is there WIFI at the Wellness Market?
Yoga is connection.