Wellness Market FAQ
Where will the vendors be located?
The Victoria Yoga Conference takes place at the University of Victoria and vendors will be in the Cadboro Commons building. Please click here to view parking prices and parking lot maps. There will be lots of parking as it is reading break for the students over this weekend.
Can the public come and visit the vendors?
YES! Please invite your customers and friends to join us. There is no charge to come and visit the vendors at the conference during the hours of 9:30 am and 5:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
How much does it cost to exhibit?
The cost for a 6′ table is $300 plus GST.
What is included in my booth?
This year’s vendors will be scattered throughout the Cadboro Commons building, where attendees will have the chance to connect between classes.
Table top signs and front of table signs are welcome. You may have space to have a stand-up sign but only if it does not interfere with the visibility of your neighbour. Our Wellness Market Manager will be able to answer any questions about this on-site.
What are the hours for vendors (including set-up and take-down)
Vendor SET-UP (Not open to the public)
Who are the vendors this year?
We have a variety of vendors with beautiful items and resources to share with you this year.
Suggestions for Success
- Create an inviting display – look for ideas on Pinterest if you’re stuck
- Host a game with prizes – example is to have multiple keys in a basket but only one will unlock the treasure chest which you have a prize inside
- Demo your products – change up what you are demonstrating each day
- Create something interactive or offer something like henna tattoos, caricatures (contact us if you need resources)
- Use this opportunity to get people to sign up for your newsletter (ensure you are following CASL)
- Create a unique space
- Make it easy for people to make a decision – if you have clothing or jewelry, provide a mirror, if your product is soaps or lotions have samplers/testers available
- Change up your display each day, moving products to highlight different items
- If your product is clothing or jewelry, wear your items – change throughout the day. Ask people you know to wear items as well, and direct others to your booth. People want to buy what they see others wearing – same goes for water bottles etc.
- Be engaging – you are building lasting relationships with people that extend beyond this weekend. Many of our exhibitors have made connections that have led to thousands of dollars of future business.
- If your product is not clothing, give you team ‘uniforms’ to wear – maybe that is a t-shirt with your logo or something catchy on it, or a certain ball cap. Give away a few and ask people to wear them and direct people to your booth.
- Incentivize people to tweet about you – using the conference hashtag and your own (to win a prize)
- Have a fun game at your booth – build something with lego or play Twister
Marketing and Promoting
Use your social networks to let your friends and customers know you will be at the Wellness Market. Sharing information via email newsletters, tweets, Facebook, Instagram and other marketing campaigns can bring more people to visit you and your colleagues. People who are attending the conference will know you are there through the use of our related hashtags, linking you back to the conference, and helping people easily find your posts, and enabling our social media team to repost easily.
You may find this article helpful too!
Can I bring in my team to help in the booth?
Of course! The Wellness Market is open to everyone so they can come in anytime. Keep in mind that sometimes when staff are in a booth talking to each other, that sometimes people don’t feel comfortable to interrupt conversations.
I am registered to exhibit, can I attend classes?
All exhibitors will be provided with five drop-in passes that can be used by yourself or your staff/volunteers to access classes in which there is space available. Each exhibitor will also receive two tickets to the community meal “Soul in a Bowl” on Friday night to nourish you and your team.
Is there security?
The doors to the Cadboro Commons will be locked (and only UVIC and VYC staff will be allowed entrance) when the conference is not in operation. Ensure you take everything you need when you are leaving at the end of the day. It is a good idea to cover your booth while you are not there to prevent people from ‘shopping’ – a simple tablecloth or sheet works for this. Keep your cash-box, iPads, phones etc. with you overnight for maximum security. Get to know the people in neighbouring booths and ask them to keep an eye on things if you have to step away.
Is there WIFI at the conference?
Yes there is wi-fi for the conference – details will be provided onsite.
What kind of vendors do you accept?
We love small local businesses. We seek high-quality vendors of all types with a focus on local, sustainable and ethically made products. We are specifically looking for home products, yoga accessories, one of a kind clothing, eco friendly makeup or bath/beauty products, and handmade jewelry. We are also interested in featuring yoga studios and not-for-profit organizations that focus on wellness or yoga. We limit the number of vendors offering the same type of product to create a good experience for vendors and attendees alike.
Yoga is connection.
Let's stay connected so that you don't miss a thing!