The human beings I had the privilege of spending the weekend with inspired, educated, supported and impressed me, from casual conversations in the marketplace, to in-depth discussions about yogic philosophy in a workshop, I left my weekend feeling FULL!
– Deanna Deacon – 2019 VYC Ambassador – 100 Mile House
There was a time in Deanna’s life when everything moved at a very fast pace – something she now knows as a pattern to keep her from truly feeling & evolving. This was a time where Deanna disliked yoga; and found it slow, boring, and unimpactful. It wasn’t until she was living in New Zealand that she was able to slow down, to feel, to breathe, to experience life in the present moment, and thus, begin her journey with yoga. After years of exploring yoga, Deanna now incorporates the healing power of yoga asana into an intuitive life coaching practice through intimate 1:1 sessions, small group classes and international retreats.
The Victoria Yoga Conference is an event unlike any other. It compiles such incredible wisdom and talent of teachers & facilitators, combined with an energy of youthful vigor, regardless of anyone’s physical age.
The human beings I had the privilege of spending the weekend with inspired, educated, supported and impressed me ~ from casual conversations in the marketplace, to in-depth discussions about yogic philosophy in a workshop, I left my weekend feeling FULL!
After many years attending this conference I finally learned the art of pacing myself. With so many amazing offerings, it becomes challenging to not try to go to every class offered. But this year for me was different. I created spaciousness in my days, allowing for intimate conversations with friends, new & old.
I spent time engaging with the vendors in the marketplace, learning their personal stories and witnessing their brilliance. And I had so many hugs! It was incredible.
My biggest learnings from the 2019 conference were:
1. Consciously breathe into the back of your body, all day, every day & your physical body will change
2. Nutrition deficiencies show up in so many ways outside of physical ~ levels of emotional & mental imbalances ~ a reminder to allow consistent emotions to guide you to explore physical deficiencies
4. Tapping into the energy body creates a state of bliss and is accessible in every moment ~ every moment!
5. That I LOVE the Victoria Yoga Conference