Wellness Market FAQ
Who is in the Wellness Market this year?
Where is the Wellness Market located?
Is the Wellness Market Open to the Public?
How much does it cost to exhibit?
- Treatment Space – six available – $450
- 6 x 9 – $350
- 7 x 10 – $450
- 9 x 10 – $575
- 10 x 10 – $650
What is included in my booth?
- Vending Spaces – you have a retail product or information that you will be sharing with the visitors to the Wellness Market. The potential booth sizes are 6 x 9, 7 x 10, 9 x 10 and 10 x 10 (these are the only booths where you may bring a tent). We have tables and chairs available for your use and you will be able to specify your needs when you sign up. You may use the space however you choose, however you may not expand outside assigned floor space as this can interfere with other people’s space, fire exits, door ways etc.
- Treatment Room Spaces – We have a dedicated room for you to offer your bodywork and will have a promotion and sign up in place, along with a volunteer who will schedule your sessions (you will still take your own payments), allowing for you to give maximum attention to your clients.
We aim to create an open feeling to the market so, unlike other trade shows that have pipe and drape our space is very open – when you arrive you will find your space marked out on the floor and if you have requested table or chairs they will be in your space for you to arrange.
Table top signs and front of table signs are welcome. You may have space to have a stand-up sign but only if it does not interfere with the visibility of your neighbour. Our Wellness Market Manager will be able to answer any questions about this on-site.
What are the hours of the Wellness Market (including set-up & take-down)
Friday, February 15, 2019 – 4 pm to 8:30 pm
Saturday, February 16, 2018 – 8 am to 9 am
Note: All booths must be set-up by 9:15 am on Saturday and must not be taken down before 5:00 pm on Sunday.
Conference attendees and the General Public
Will have access to the market from 9:30 am to 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday – there is no charge for the general public to come into the market.
Social Night in the Market
On Saturday night we will have a reception with entertainment in the Wellness Market – this will be from 6:30 to approximately 7:30 pm.
Suggestions for Success
- Create an inviting display – look for ideas on Pinterest if you’re stuck
- Host a game with prizes – example is to have multiple keys in a basket but only one will unlock the treasure chest which you have a prize inside
- Demo your products – change up what you are demonstrating each day
- Create something interactive or offer something like henna tattoos, caricatures (contact us if you need resources)
- Use this opportunity to get people to sign up for your newsletter (ensure you are following CASL)
- Create a unique space
- Make it easy for people to make a decision – if you have clothing or jewelry, provide a mirror, if your product is soaps or lotions have samplers/testers available
- Change up your display each day, moving products to highlight different items
- If your product is clothing or jewelry, wear your items – change throughout the day. Ask people you know to wear items as well, and direct others to your booth. People want to buy what they see others wearing – same goes for water bottles etc.
- Be engaging – you are building lasting relationships with people that extend beyond this weekend. Many of our exhibitors have made connections that have led to thousands of dollars of future business.
- If your product is not clothing, give you team ‘uniforms’ to wear – maybe that is a t-shirt with your logo or something catchy on it, or a certain ball cap. Give away a few and ask people to wear them and direct people to your booth.
- Incentivize people to tweet about you – using the conference hashtag and your own (to win a prize)
- Have a fun game at your booth – build something with lego or play Twister
Marketing and Promoting
You may find this article helpful too!
Can I bring in my team to help in the booth?
Keep in mind that sometimes when staff are in a booth talking to each other, that sometimes people don’t feel comfortable to interrupt conversations.
I am registered to exhibit, can I attend classes?
Is there security at the Wellness Market?
Is there WIFI at the Wellness Market?
How many vendors are there at the Wellness Market?
What kind of vendors do you accept?
We seek high-quality vendors of all types with a focus on local, sustainable and ethically made products. We are specifically looking for home products, yoga accessories, one of a kind clothing, eco friendly makeup or bath/beauty products, and handmade jewelry. We are also interested in featuring yoga studios and not-for-profit organizations that focus on wellness or yoga.
We limit the number of vendors offering the same type of product to create a good experience for vendors and attendees alike.
Treatment Room Vendors
Yoga is connection.