Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Wellness Market located?
The Victoria Yoga Conference takes place at the University of Victoria. The Wellness Market is on the top floor of the Cadboro Commons Building. We recommend that you park in Lot 5. Please click here to view parking prices and parking lot maps. There will be lots of parking as it is reading break for the students over this weekend.
Is the Wellness Market Open to the Public?
YES! Please invite your customers and friends to join us. There is no charge to visit the Wellness Market.
How much does it cost to exhibit?
The price of the Exhibitor booth is $450 plus GST.
What is included in my booth?
Your space is 8 x 8 square. We have tables and chairs available for your use and you will be able to specify your needs when you sign up. You may use the space however you choose, however you may not expand outside of the 8 x 8 space as this can interfere with other people’s space, fire exits, door ways etc.
We aim to create an open feeling to the market so, unlike other trade shows that have 8′ pipe and drape our space is very open – when you arrive you will find your space marked out on the floor and if you have requested table or chairs they will be in your space for you to arrange.
What are the hours of the Wellness Market?
The published open times for the public are:
- Saturday, February 10, 2018 – 9 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, February 11, 2018 – 9 am to 5 pm
Suggestions for Success
- Create an inviting display – look for ideas on Pinterest if you’re stuck
- Host a game with prizes – example is to have multiple keys in a basket but only one will unlock the treasure chest which you have a prize inside
- Demo your products – change up what you are demonstrating each day
- Create something interactive or offer something like henna tattoos, caricatures (contact us if you need resources)
- Use this opportunity to get people to sign up for your newsletter (ensure you are following CASL)
- Create a unique space
- Make it easy for people to make a decision – if you have clothing or jewelry, provide a mirror, if your product is soaps or lotions have samplers/testers available
- Change up your display each day, moving products to highlight different items
- If your product is clothing or jewelry, wear your items – change throughout the day. Ask people you know to wear items as well, and direct others to your booth. People want to buy what they see others wearing – same goes for water bottles etc.
- Be engaging – you are building lasting relationships with people that extend beyond this weekend. Many of our exhibitors have made connections that have led to thousands of dollars of future business.
- If your product is not clothing, give you team ‘uniforms’ to wear – maybe that is a t-shirt with your logo or something catchy on it, or a certain ball cap. Give away a few and ask people to wear them and direct people to your booth.
- Incentivize people to tweet about you – using the conference hashtag and your own (to win a prize)
- Have a fun game at your booth – build something with lego or play Twister
Marketing and Promoting
Use your social networks to let your friends and customers know you will be at the Wellness Market. Sharing information via email newsletters, tweets, Facebook, Instagram and other marketing campaigns can bring more people to visit you and your colleagues. People who are attending the conference will know you are there through the use of our related hashtags, linking you back to the conference, and helping people easily find your posts, and enabling our social media team to repost easily.
You may find this article helpful too!
Can I bring in my team to help in the booth?
Of course! The Wellness Market is open to everyone so they can come in anytime.
Keep in mind that sometimes when staff are in a booth talking to each other, that sometimes people don’t feel comfortable to interrupt conversations.
I am registered to exhibit, can I attend classes?
We will provide you with five drop-in passes that can be used by yourself or your staff/volunteers to access classes in which there is space available.
Is there security at the Wellness Market?
During the hours that the Wellness Market is closed the doors will be locked and access will not be available. Ensure you take everything you need when you are leaving at the end of the day. It is a good idea to cover your booth while you are not there to prevent people from ‘shopping’ – a simple tablecloth or sheet works for this. Keep your cashbox, iPads, phones etc. out of sight for maximum security. Get to know the people in neighbouring booths and ask them to keep an eye on things if you have to step away.
Is there WIFI at the Wellness Market?
Yes there is wi-fi for the conference – details will be provided onsite.
To apply to exhibit in the 2018 Wellness Market please click here.