Each year the Victoria Yoga Conference needs 90+ volunteers to make the event successful. Volunteering is a great way to network while getting a behind-the-scenes look at the conference and earning a conference discount. Volunteering is open to all conference attendees.
Want to sign up as a volunteer? Keep reading to find out more about how volunteers assist and support the key areas of the conference.
As a volunteer, you are the face of the conference. You will be expected to be punctual, respectful, helpful and reliable. Onsite volunteers will be provided with an orientation manual and it will be very beneficial to you to become knowledgeable on various aspects of the conference such as event locations, layout of the venue, general conference information and program details. Volunteering before the conference could mean hosting an event, postering, or creating graphic images. During the conference you may be responsible for checking wristbands, helping attendees get organized in the room, managing the bag and coat check, familiarizing yourself with the layout at the Conference to provide directional assistance to attendees, and being a great host!
Scheduling volunteers requires a tremendous amount of coordination and planning and we appreciate so much your support in honouring your shifts, showing up on time, and staying until the job is done! We are delighted you are interested in volunteering.
Sign up for the newsletter below to keep in touch and find out when volunteer opportunities are available.
Victoria Yoga Conference Commitment
- We will give you a pass to practice at the conference*. We will also give you a tank top or t-shirt that tells everyone you are a volunteer at the conference.
- Ongoing support and recognition from the Volunteer Manager, your fellow volunteers, and the entire Victoria Yoga Conference Team.
Your Commitment to us:
- To work a total of 8 to 11 hours* before or during the Conference
- To complete an evaluation form post-conference, giving us both your own suggestions and any feedback that you may have received from conference attendees.
- Share information via your social networking channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.)
*Your total number of volunteer hours (minimum eight hours) will determine the level of pass (one day to full access) you recieve.
Registration and Information Desk
Are you active in your home town yoga community and interested in sharing information about the Victoria Yoga Conference. If this sounds good to you, apply now to become an AMBASSADOR for the Victoria Yoga Conference. We believe building strong communities creates abundance for everyone. You help spread the word about us and we provide an opportunity for you to participate in the 2019 conference, give away passes and create a buzz in your own city.
Yoga is connection.