Volunteer Waitlist Being Accepted
Our volunteer schedule is currently full. However, we will likely have last-minute cancellations. If you would like to be added to our waitlist, please email volunteers@
Thurs/Fri eveningThurs/Mon eveningFri/Mon eveningSaturday 7am-5:30pmSunday 7am-5:30pmMonday 7:30am-5:30pm
We will be in touch if a spot becomes available.
By volunteering one day of your time you will be provided with a single day pass to the Conference and a t-shirt.
By signing up to indicate your interest to volunteer, you are committing to the following:
- To work one of the shifts indicated above at the Conference – this means that you may be responsible for checking wristbands, helping attendees get organized in the room, familiarizing yourself with the layout at the Conference to provide directional assistance to attendees, and being a great host! It is busy during class transition times, and quieter when classes are in progress.
- To practice! In gratitude for your day of service we will give you a pass to practice on the opposite day that you are working. We will also give you a tank top or t-shirt that tells everyone you are a volunteer at the conference.
- To complete an evaluation form post-conference, giving us both your own suggestions and providing any feedback that you may have received from conference attendees.
Please check our frequently asked questions for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the time commitment? You will volunteer for a full day 7:30 am to 5:30 pm or a split shift as listed above. In exchange for this you will receive a pass to practice the day that you are not working (Unless otherwise discussed)
- Can I volunteer for two half days and practice two half days? Sadly no, we tried this in 2014 and we find that it is better for you to commit to a full day of practice and a full day of volunteering.
- Can I choose which day I practice and which day I work? On the volunteer application form we ask your preference, but we do have to fill all spots so you may not get your first choice – we will do everything we can to make sure it works for you and us!
- When will I know if I have been accepted as a volunteer? Our Community Manager, Katie will be reviewing all applications on an ongoing basis and will be notifying successful applicants on a bi-weekly basis.
- How are volunteers selected? We choose volunteers based on a number of different factors, including availability, enthusiasm and experience. Please fill out the volunteer application form as completely as possible.
- Is there an age requirement? All volunteer must be 19 years of age, or oder, to volunteer.
- How many volunteer positions are there? We will need 50 volunteers this year for room monitors.
- What do I get to attend as a volunteer, what else happens? You will be able to practice on the day you are not volunteering. You will also receive a Victoria Yoga Conference t-shirt or tank top, created specifically for VYC volunteers.
- Is there an application fee? Yes, there is a $20 application fee to submit once your application has been accepted. Additionally, we require that you complete an agreement to volunteer, and provide us with a credit card number which we will keep on file until the end of the conference. If you neglect to fulfill your scheduled volunteer duties, your card will be charged for $200 which is the approximate cost of all conference events. We know that emergencies arise and we will do our best to work with you and if you cancel within one week of the conference, allowing us time to find another suitable volunteer, your card will not be charged. We hope to never have to do this, but we had to implement this after some volunteers did not show up in the past, causing us to be short staffed.
- What if I need to cancel? We understand that life changes, and emergencies happen, however we also have a conference to run. Give us as much notice as possible and see #9 above.
- Are there other opportunities during the year? There may be! We have a lot to do! Once you are accepted as a volunteer we add you to a private Facebook group where other opportunities are posted.
The 2017 Volunteer Program is close to full! By applying below, you will be added to the waitlist. If a spots opens we will contact you. Thank you.