Teacher Feature: Kelly Yaskiw



What do you like most about the Victoria Yoga Conference?
 I love the Victoria Yoga Conference for weaving together a tapestry of vibrant community. It’s welcoming environment provides an opportunities for teachers, students, and newbies to come together, share experiences and walk away inspired by new perspectives.

What or who inspires you?    I am inspired by authenticity. When I witness people being true to who they are, and expressing their passion, art, or presence in such a way that makes them glow – this inspires me to do the same. Mother Nature also inspires for similar reasons and I learn a lot from her when I listen closely.

Many people choose a word for their year. Do you have a word for 2017? Growth.

How do you recharge your batteries? Wrapped up in the arms of nature! When I need to fill my cup, I like to go for a hike in the woods, have a hot bath, practice gentle Yoga, and eat nourishing food.

Do you have any healthy eating secrets? The 80/20 rule has been a good guide for me over the years. For 80 percent of the time, eat good quality healthy food, and for the other 20 percent of the time it’s ok to indulge is less than healthy options – as long as you enjoy it! If that ratio is out of balance, it’s good time to reevaluate your nourishment choices.

What is your guilty pleasure? Cheese. But please don’t let it take up 20% of my diet!


Kelly is dedicated to creating a welcoming and safe container for students regardless of experience, age, ability. She has experienced the potency of a holistic approach to Yoga in her 13 years of practice and is known in Victoria for sharing this holistic approach. In addition to offering asana, Kelly also offer pranayama, meditation, yoga nidra, mantra, and kirtan. She is passionate about inspiring others to cultivate awareness on and off the mat and to use Yoga as a tool to know one’s Self.